Under the direction of the IT Manager, the IT Support Specialist will be responsible for the IT support of all technology systems for PAR/STAR end users, local and remote. This individual will perform general troubleshooting of computer-related software/hardware and will use independent judgment to arrange, coordinate and accomplish the installation of new computer stations and network printers.
This individual will maintain a clean and organized desk and office environment and possess a serious understanding of confidentiality and data protection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. (Other duties may be assigned.)
– Manages inventory, replenishment, delivery and return of office/shop computer equipment.
– Performs general troubleshooting of computer-related software/hardware.
– Assists coworkers with office systems, keyboard shortcuts, or procedures.
– Adds phone numbers to the telephone system server so new users will show up automatically (internet dependent).
– Accomplishes general security/digital camera fixes or coordinates a service company to repair system.
– Work with department managers on projects and tasks on an as needed basis.
– Coordinates with outside vendors for Internet, security camera, telephone to support and repair system.
– Fixes and maintains all shop computers (including service laptops).
– Mobile device support including setting up e-mail accounts on mobile devices.
– Monitors timely fulfillment of computer equipment orders and installation to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
– Trains office/shop personnel on proper operation of computer equipment.
– Communicates with customers in a clear, professional and efficient manner.
– Ensures excellent customer service through the timely and accurate delivery of services.
– Resolves customer issues, referring them first to the Departmental Manager.
– Provide IT support to staff via phone, in person and remotely.
– Establishes and maintains effective channels of communications with management, coworkers, vendors and all other business contacts.
– Ensures the use of equipment and materials in a safe and acceptable manner, following established safety procedures, using appropriate safeguards, and observing common sense rules of safety in all on the job activities.
– Conducts self in a manner reflecting positively on PAR and STAR and encourages others to do the same.
– Is organized, independent, self-motivated, enthusiastic, dependable, detail-oriented, flexible in scheduling and prioritization who is driven by excellence.
– Demonstrates proficient written and verbal communication skills, including accurate grammar and business correspondence.
– Class C driver’s license.
– A belief in working as a cohesive team.
Education and/or Experience:
– At least 2 years of experience in a similar work environment with a proven track record of successful IT support, effective decision-making and excellent people skills. Bachelor’s or Associate degree preferred.
– Class C driver’s license not required but a plus.
– Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency in Cloud uploading/downloading data blocks.
– Bilingual English / Spanish preferred, but not required.
– Ability to respond to basic inquiries and present information effectively to customers, co-workers, and management verbally and in writing.
– Ability to apply math concepts to practical situations.
– Ability to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
– Work time is split between the office, shop and outdoors at customer sites in a variety of weather.
– Regular time is spent on the computer and phone.
– Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Occasionally: drive, sit, bend, twist, push, pull, climb, squat, crawl, kneel, reach above the shoulder, climb or balance; stand and walk; grasp with hands and fingers, handle tools, see (including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception), hear and speak, lift up to 50 lbs.
MACHINES, TOOL AND EQUIPMENT:
– Seldom (1-5%)
– Occasionally (6-33%):
– Frequently (34-66%): machine and tools
– Continuously (67-100%): computer, telephone, truck.
This job requires periodic travel.
To apply for this job, please download the Job Application using this link (download Application PDF), or at the top of the Careers Page. Submit the completed application using the form at the bottom of this job description.
Pacific Ag Rentals
4724 Old Highway 111
Brawley, CA. 92227
Questions Contact: CareersBrawley@pacificarentals.com
|Requirements||Experience is required|