Parts and Tillage Supervisor
Uses independent judgment to oversee all aspects of Parts Room Clerks at assigned Pacific Ag Rentals Branch. This individual will provide leadership in motivating, managing, and evaluating the parts room team members. This individual will assist management in developing and implementing the department budget and maintaining a customer relationship process in an effort to achieve lasting brand and store loyalty.
The Parts Supervisor is responsible for running a profitable and efficient parts department. This individual will accomplish these objectives through the use of documented purchasing procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising, displaying, and advertising. The Parts Supervisor must be an investment advisor and profit producer
Reports to Branch Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with the branch Service Manager(s) to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs to get equipment back to rental-ready status
- Manages the activity in the parts sales database, expense reporting, and cross-functional reporting (i.e. service, parts, etc.)
- Works closely with the Sales Manager to advise and coach the parts department sales team throughout the sales process, including but not limited to prospecting and closing; performing research and acquiring information on target customers; time and territory management, negotiating, developing goals, quotas, and forecasts; and developing sales campaigns with the assistance of the PAR marketing department
- Coaches and mentors the parts department sales team on the following topics including but not limited to: needs/features/benefits, product knowledge, productivity, and gross margin
- Assists in creating the annual department budget, in alignment with the organization’s financial andoperational objectives.
- Monitors and reports to management the department’s performance compared to budget. Leads the parts department sales team to effectively understand and use manufacturers’ products and programs to meet or exceed the department budget
- Manages inventory and assets, working closely with vendors and customers to forecast demand and address potential supply chain constraints to meet customer expectations
- Supervises and ensures compliance with completing daily cycle counts
- Supervises and ensures compliance with completing the annual inventory process with a goal of 2%or less shrink.
- Fosters a “great place to work” environment within the locations, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the customer
- Leads and manages all business and/or department activities related to ensuring the customer experience is positive and that all team members are committed to creating solutions and long-term relationships with customers
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years of supervisory/management experience in a similar work environment with a proven track record of effective decision-making and excellent people management skills
- Solid understanding of local market conditions
- Knowledge of resale values of particular machinery a plus
- Industry and/or heavy equipment retail sales experience
- Excellent customer service skills
|Requirements||Experience is required|
|Pay||55K – 60K annual (DOE)|
|Benefits||Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, PTO, Paid Federal Holidays and President's Day|