SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the COO, the Purchasing/Inventory Control Manager will have the
responsibility to oversee all purchasing and inventory functions for Pacific Ag Rentals, LLC and its affiliates. The Purchasing/Inventory Control Manager will support the profit goals consistent with company policy and performance standards of Pacific Ag Rentals, LLC. The Purchasing/Inventory Control Manager will build an environment that encourages teamwork and task accomplishment through communication and coordination with managers of other departments on items such as whole goods, tractor repair parts and tillage/consumable purchases, by managing inventory levels and turns in accordance to company standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains high standards of purchasing/inventory control (PIC) and customer support
- Promotes regular communication between all departments at Pacific Ag Rentals, LLC and its affiliates
- Conducts quality control reviews to ensure adherence to the Company’s purchasing process and customer service levels
- Supports efforts to develop new product lines and update current products
- Partners with all departments for prevention of cost overruns and/or shipping delays through effective internal and external Purchasing Management:
- Internal: Communicates on a regular and timely basis with departments affected by order status changes and shipping delays; provides direction and management of PIC Staff to support internal customers for company goal achievement
- External: Provides accurate costing and estimated ship-dates for all proposed goods and/or services; communicates on a regular and timely basis with vendors regarding all possible or actual changes affecting delivery dates and/or cost; and provides direction and management of PIC Staff to ensure customer needs are met
- Researches and sources best pricing for all internal and external jobs. Negotiates discounts for early payment and bulk buys
- Regular reviews with Accounts Payable to ensure payments are made on time to key suppliers
- Works with the PAR Management Team to establish and implement new developmental processes and procedures; continuously streamlining departmental processes for efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Establishes and maintains new and existing external supplier base by developing and cultivating ongoing relationships with suppliers (vendors) for parts, materials and whole goods. Negotiates vendor contracts including best price, quality and delivery times in accordance with timelines established per department to prevent delays in delivery of goods and/or services to internal and external customers
- Oversees ordering systems and procedures on a daily basis including tracking availability of parts and materials expediting orders as needed to guarantee availability to departments based on production timelines
- Assures PAR’s purchasing Standard Operating Procedures are being met by performing the electronic receiving of goods against an electronic purchase order. Processes electronic purchase orders. Process returns as needed
- Provides essential support to the Buyer during rush times including providing feedback to internal departments on the availability and expected delivery dates of essential parts and materials. Secures parts from suppliers when estimated delivery times will not allow delivery in time to meet deadlines
- Provides updates to departments on market conditions. Introduce new parts and product lines to the company as appropriate
- Directs and assists other departments across all PAR locations in locating suppliers, parts, and materials as needed
- Maintains Inventory Pricing and encourages communication to the sales team of potential changes
- Manages and controls inventory levels for maximum efficiency of total dollar value
- Communicates stagnate and dead inventory items to the appropriate departments for assistance in placing them with customers or assigning them to projects
- Provides for daily inventory cycle counts
- Reviews commonly stocked items and process electronic purchase orders to restock. Maintains minimum stocking levels of high turn items within all departments across all PAR locations
- Establishes consistent and standardized parts and materials number scheme
- Maintains inventory tracking database including data entry of parts and materials description and correlating tracking numbers. Enters, adjusts, and reconciles inventory counts
- Responds to feedback from departments regarding incorrect items delivered. Troubleshoots incorrect deliveries to prevent delays in the rental and sales flow process
STAFFING AND EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT
- Directs staff to cover sales demands for current and new product development
- Delegates work projects to appropriate staff as needed to prevent delays
- Manages, trains and monitors Purchasing Inventory Control staff to achieve annual goal(s)
- Trains and develops staff to operate/perform independently in the absence of management
- Trains and develops staff for succession of PIC Manager position
- Ensures employee performance reviews are conducted in a timely manner. Provides ongoing performance evaluation of employees for compliance with established policies and objectives of the organization and contributions in attaining objectives
- Assists in the implementation and monitoring of programs and procedures to ensure personnel and facility safety
BUDGET AND FINANCE
- Manages and supports budget levels for overhead cost controls
- Manages and controls spending limits to budget
- Reviews costing and updates as needed. Maintains accurate price figures in inventory control database
- Reports market trends to management for budget considerations and sales pricing evaluations
GENERAL JOB PERFORMANCE/SKILL STANDARDS
Employees must meet the following general job performance standards:
- Teamwork: Places goals of the Company foremost when interacting with others at all levels. Builds an environment that fosters teamwork and enhanced task accomplishment through positive and supportive cooperation
- Communication: Expresses ideas clearly in writing and verbally. Makes clear, concise presentations and demonstrates effective listing skills. Conveys necessary ideas and information to others
- Professional Knowledge and Skills: Possesses required knowledge and skills in functional field. Demonstrates ability to effectively apply knowledge in completing tasks and objectives
- Planning and Organizing Work: Sets clear objectives and priorities, establishes courses of action, organizes tasks and schedules, and allocates resources to accomplish goals and objectives on or ahead of schedule
- Problem Solving: Identifies and defines problems, properly selects and analyzes relevant facts to reach sound conclusions. Recommends timely and viable solutions
- Decision Making and Judgment: Gathers relevant data, sets clear objectives, evaluates alternatives, makes timely decisions and commits to courses of action. Uses sound judgment: does not act impulsively in reaching decisions
- Job Commitment: Shows initiative in willingly accepting responsibility. Performs expected and unexpected tasks, demonstrates tenacity in completing tasks. Willingly exerts extra effort when necessary to get the job done without being directed to do so
- Productivity: Demonstrates high level of contribution in accuracy, quality, completeness and volume of work. Concentrates on important aspects of task objectives
- Maintains effective channels of communications with management, coworkers, vendors and all other business contacts
- Conducts self in a manner reflecting positively on PAR and STAR and encourages others to do the same
- Ability to multi-task
- Participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set
- Participate as required in company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and outstanding customer service
- Maintain an organized work environment
- Present a neat, professional appearance
- Arrive at work at scheduled time, including being prepared to work on time after breaks and meal periods
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record (if authorized to drive by HR Manager)
- Must be eligible to be added to company insurance
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from four year college or certificate program; three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be computer literate with personal computers. Must have Word and Excel skills. Must have the ability to quickly learn specific software.
Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to respond to basic inquiries from internal and
external vendors, management staff and employees. Ability to read and write memos and correspondence and to
understand contract language that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to the
President, co-workers, affiliates, and business contacts.
Ability to apply concepts of fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, and probability to practical situations. Ability to work understand and work with standard units of measurement, for distance, weight and volume.
Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, occasionally in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly: Required to talk or hear
- Occasionally: Bend, twist, push, pull, climb, squat, crawl, kneel, reach above the shoulder, climb or balance; stand and walk; grasp with hands and fingers, handle tools, see (including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception) and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Work time is mainly in an office environment
- Regular time is spent on the computer and phone
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
MACHINES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Seldom (1–5%):
- Occasionally (6-33%):
- Frequently (34-66%):
- Continuously (67-100%): computer, telephone, fax and copy machines
- This job requires occasional routine travel within close proximity to the regular assigned work locations.
To apply for this job, please download the Job Application using this link (download Application PDF), or at the top of the Careers Page. Submit the completed application using the form at the bottom of this job description.
|Job Category||Customer Service|
|Requirements||Experience is required|