The Shop Mechanic will use independent judgment and mechanical aptitude to work in the shop repairing rental equipment and maintaining rental equipment at assigned Pacific Ag Rentals branch.
The Shop Mechanic will ensure excellent service to both external and internal customers (i.e. – Service Manager, Shop Supervisor, Invoicing Supervisor, etc.) through the timely and accurate repair of equipment, including communicating missing, broken or damaged parts on outgoing or incoming equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. (Other duties may be assigned.)
– Physically inspects and fills out equipment inspection forms for equipment returned from rent.
– Expertly identifies, makes required repair parts list and quickly repairs various rental equipment including, but not limited to tractors, agricultural water pumps, large electrical generators, light towers, etc.
– Assist in the maintenance of the shop, warehouse and vehicles. Make deliveries and pick-ups and work in the field service area maintaining equipment at customer locations.
– Ensures that in-house labor and replacement costs are captured and entered via work order system so that proper invoicing can occur.
– Timely monitors equipment repair in the shop.
– Actively and aggressively looks for missing, broken or damaged equipment to help lower business costs.
– Communicates with supervisor and other mechanics about shop questions or needs in either written or verbal form in a clear, professional and efficient manner.
– Establishes and maintains effective channels of communications with management, co-workers , vendors and all other business contacts.
– Comfortable and willing to move/use equipment such as, but not limited to, forklifts, large tractors, water trucks, RTVs, etc.
– Ensures the use of equipment and materials in a safe and acceptable manner, following established safety procedures, using appropriate safeguards, and observing common sense rules of safety in all on-the-job activities.
– Conducts self in a manner reflecting positively on PAR and STAR and encourages others to do the same.
– Is organized, independent, self-motivatedd, enthusiastic, dependable, detail-oriented, flexible in scheduling and prioritization who is driven by excellence.
– Directs tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities to ensure positive outcomes.
– Demonstrates proficient written and verbal communication skills, including accurate grammar and business correspondence.
– A belief in working as a cohesive team.
Education and/or Experience:
– At least 2 years of experience preferred in a similar work environment with a proven track record of successful repairs, effective decision-making and excellent people skills.
– Class C driver’s license not required but a plus.
– Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
Bilingual English / Spanish preferred.
Ability to respond to basic inquiries and present information effectively to customers, co-workers, and management verbally and in writing.
– Ability to apply math concepts to practical situations.
– Good reading skills to consult equipment manuals.
– Ability to read wiring diagrams.
– Ability to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
– Work time is split between the office, shop and yard in a variety of weather conditions.
– Regular time is spent in the shop.
– Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Occasionally: Drive, sit,bend, twist, push, pull, climb, squat, crawl, kneel, reach above the shoulder, climb or balance; stand and walk; grasp with hands and fingers, handle tools, see (including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception), hear and speak, lift up to 100lbs.
MACHINES, TOOL AND EQUIPMENT:
– Seldom (1-5%)
– Occasionally (6-33%): computer, telephone
– Frequently (34-66%): forklifts, tractors
– Continuously (67-100%): machines and tools
This job requires routine travel within close proximity of regular assigned work locations.
To apply for this job, please download the Job Application using this link (download Application PDF), or at the top of the Careers Page. Submit the completed application using the form at the bottom of this job description.
Pacific Ag Rentals
4 Harris Road
Salinas, CA. 93908
Phone: (831) 754-8815
Questions Contact: CareersSalinas@pacificarentals.com
|Job Category||Skilled Labor - Trades|
|Requirements||Experience is required|