This is an entry level position for a Shop Mechanic Tier 1. The Shop Mechanic Tier 1 will use independent judgment and mechanical aptitude to work in the shop repairing rental equipment and maintaining rental equipment at assigned Pacific Ag Rentals branch.
The Shop Mechanic Tier 1 will be mentored to ensure excellent service to both external and internal customers (i.e.– Service Manager, Shop Supervisor, Invoicing Supervisor, etc.) through the timely and accurate repair of equipment, including communicating missing, broken or damaged parts on outgoing or incoming equipment.
Reports to Shop Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Physically inspects and fills out equipment inspection forms for equipment returned from rent
- Identifies, makes required repair parts list and quickly repairs various rental equipment including, but not limited to tractors, agricultural water pumps, large electrical generators, light towers, etc.
- Assist in the maintenance of the shop, warehouse and vehicles, make deliveries and pick-ups and work in the field service area maintaining equipment at customer locations
- Ensures that in-house labor and replacement costs are captured and entered via work order system so that proper invoicing can occur
- Repairs are 65% added to book time
- Timely monitors equipment repair in shop
- Actively and aggressively looks for missing, broken or damaged equipment to help lower business costs
- Communicates with supervisor and other mechanics about shop questions or needs in either written or verbal form in a clear, professional and efficient manner
- Familiar with work tools to use
- Basic use and willing to move equipment such as, but not limited to, forklifts, large tractors, water trucks, RTVs, Jacks, etc.
- Able to change tires and perform oil changes on equipment
- Be able to perform basic Wash Rack duties such as washing equipment and cleaning chemicals to remove all traces of dirt on rental equipment. Interior cleaning including inside of windows, of tractors and other equipment which have an operator’s station (RTVs, water trucks, etc.)
- Establishes and maintains effective channels of communications with management, co-workers, vendors and all other business contacts
- Conducts self in a manner reflecting positively on PAR and STAR and encourages others to do the same
- Is organized, independent and self-motivated, enthusiastic, dependable, detail-oriented, flexible in scheduling and prioritization, and driven by excellence
- Demonstrates proficient written and verbal communication skills, including accurate grammar and business correspondence
- Prioritize tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities to ensure positive outcomes
- Ability to multi-task
- A belief in working as a cohesive team
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts
- Maintain an organized work environment
- Present a neat, professional appearance
- Arrive at work at scheduled time, including being prepared to work on time after breaks and meal periods
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and outstanding customer service
- Uses equipment and materials in a safe and acceptable manner, follows established safety procedures, uses appropriate safeguards, and observes common sense rules of safety in all on the job activities
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record (if authorized to drive by HR Manager)
- Must be eligible to be added to company insurance
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- At least 1 year of entry level experience or education in a similar work environment with a proven track record of successful repairs, effective decision-making and excellent people skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Bilingual English / Spanish a plus
- Ability to respond to basic inquiries and present information effectively to customers, co-workers, and management verbally and in writing
- Ability to apply math concepts to practical situations
- Good reading skills to consult equipment manuals
- Ability to read wiring diagrams
- Ability to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work time is split between the office, shop and yard in a variety of weather
- Regular time is spent in the shop
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Occasionally: Drive, sit, bend, twist, push, pull, climb, squat, crawl, kneel, reach above the shoulder, climb or balance; stand and walk; grasp with hands and fingers, handle tools, see (including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception), hear and speak, lift up to 100lbs
MACHINES, TOOL AND EQUIPMENT:
- Seldom (1–5%):
- Occasionally (6-33%): Computer, telephone
- Frequently (34-66%): Forklifts, tractors, jacks
- Continuously (67-100%): Machines and tools
- This job requires routine travel within close proximity of regular assigned work locations
|Job Category||Skilled Labor - Trades|
|Requirements||Experience is required|